Auto Repair Shop Now Can Set Up Appointments via their WebsiteNow that Auto Tec has a website, customers can set up appointments via the website. That alone has helped to streamline communications with customers. Owner Don Nguyen also has a web page emphasizing Safety Checks that help support customers when selling their car or purchasing a used one. In addition, the website is linked from Yelp which allows him to detail all of his services.
About Auto TecAuto Tec LLC is a family-owned, customer-centric full-service auto repair shop in Campbell. ATC Web Solutions has known the owners of Auto Tec for over 20 years. They have been in business since 1991 first located in Los Gatos and now in Campbell, CA. They work on domestic and imports (no European) cars, trucks and vans.Our founder, Ann Fitzsimons, had been “bugging” Don about getting a website for almost as long as he had been maintaining all of her vehicles. Auto Tec is the only car repair company who consistently gets 5-Star reviews on Yelp (as of October 2020, they had 154 5-Star Yelp reviews). In 2017, Ann finally convinced Don to stop talking about doing his website and to hire us – which he did!!
ChallengeDon did not have a website but he did have a logo. He wanted to promote his family-run auto repair business highlighting that they repair domestic and import cars and trucks (no European vehicles). He also wanted people to be able to make reservations via a form from the website. As far as a web presence, Auto Tec had only a Yelp site. But their Yelp site was and still is amazing with over 150 reviews and almost all 5 star reviews!
SolutionATC Web Solutions created the Auto Tec website in WordPress. After reviewing quite a few WordPress templates we reached an agreement with Don on the one that was most suitable for his business. We first created a sitemap to lay out how the menu and the content should be arranged. Then Don explained to us what Auto Tec did and how the shop worked. ATC Web Solutions wrote most of the content for the website (making sure to add in keywords). Together we selected the images, reviewed the content and worked through issues that arose. ATC Web Solutions also added Auto Tec to Google Business.
ResultsDon now refers people to his website for appointments. That feature has helped streamline communication with his customers. He is able to display before and after photos on certain mechanical examples that demonstrate why car maintenance is so important. We linked the website on Yelp. He also wrote a page on “Deciding When It’s Time to Sell Your Car” and that has helped to bring people to him so that he can do Safety Checks on cars that will objectively and honestly explain approximately how long their car will last. This page emphasizes that he supports customers when they are thinking of selling their cars or if they are thinking of purchasing a used vehicle. These few online features have really helped him streamline segments of his business.
- Created account on GoDaddy
- Obtained the domain and set up the site with GoDaddy and secured SSL (https://)
- Set up WordPress instance
- Used the Francisco WordPress CMS theme and made customization’s
- ATC Web Solutions project managed the entire development of the website, organized the website worked directly with the client and determined the menus
- Found or took almost all of the photos on the website (the client supplied few photos) and ATC Web Solutions wrote most of the website content. Content and images were all approved by the client
- Logo was supplied by client
- Wrote the title tags and Meta description tags
- Continue to manage, maintain, and perform quality control on the website
- Customized all the title tags and the Meta description tags
- Determined the keywords to focus on and used them throughout the content
- Keywords were used as file names
- Made sure keywords were used for links and that every page had at least three keyword phrases
- Made sure that links were correct
- Installed Google Analytics
- Set up a sitemap.xml and had it verified by Google
- Optimized images
- Set up Google Business
- Added images to Yelp site with keywords
- Created Google Business site