Client Working with Wix Needed Website and Marketing Help
ATC Web Solutions helped Safety Penn Training improve their website’s appearance. We also made it simpler for prospective clients to find class descriptions, register and pay for them all on the same platform. We helped owner, Adam Penn, advertise his marketing brand with new business cards and car magnet signs. Finally we added Safety Penn Training to Google My Business and Yelp sites allowing them to get found more easily and source testimonials (not just from emails) for the first time.
About Safety Penn Training
Safety Penn Training is a Red Cross approved and licensed Training provider located near Atlanta, Georgia. They offer a wide range of training and certified classes within Georgia and throughout the United States. They give certified training classes for Lifeguard training, Lifeguard Instructor training, Basic Water Rescue training, Basic Swim Instructor training, First Aid, CPR and AED classes including CPR Instructor training. In addition they teach At Home swim lessons, Private and Semi-Private swim lessons and Group swim lessons. Adam started his business in January 2015.
Adam had already set up his website on Wix and wanted to keep it on that platform. Adam had a very basic website with practically no content and the website didn’t present the depth of his offerings. He was using very old business cards and had no marketing presence except for his website. He was so busy running and developing his business that he was not finding any time to post website content. The end result was that his website had very little information or organization.
ATC Web Solutions listened to Adam and learned about his company, what he had to offer and his company goals. We then created a sitemap as a guide to lay out his business website and make sure we were in line with this business goals.
Adam’s gift is his ability to be out and about in his local area, connect with people and follow suggestions. He knows so many people he could run for Mayor for heaven’s sake! With that in mind the first thing we did was to review how he is seen on a local level.
Changes to his Marketing Materials:
- Changed the color of the word “Training” on his logo so that it stood out more
- Designed new business cards with text on the front and back
- Created car magnet signs (helping with that local touch point)
- Suggested he hire a photographer to take photos of his classes (and he did)
- Created flyers with a QR code that linked to his main swimming web page to post at the pools where he was already teaching
Online Marketing additions and changes:
- Created a Yelp presence
- Added photos with keywords, logo, business hours and descriptions with keywords
- Created a Google Business presence
- Added photos, office hours, logo, descriptions with keywords and categories
Creating the new business cards and car magnet signs immediately created a cohesive marketing appearance for the Safety Penn Training organization. Improving the Wix website by adding content describing the certified classes and training sessions in addition to the swim lessons that he offered with dates and times helped to direct his prospective clients to go directly into booking and paying for the classes. Plus by adding much more content with images helped his SEO. We added a Yelp presence and a Google Business instance for him and for the first time he is getting found easily via Google and receiving testimonials from two sources.
- Posted the changed logo
- Simplified the contact us page
- Changed images at the footer to be more legible and better centered
- Changed the home page from a moving water effect to an image slider emphasizing the different features of his business
- Made the content on all of the booking pages consistent and organized
- Collaborated with Adam on writing to add many more web pages with content describing his offerings, containing keywords, and added many more photos
- Due to COVID-19 the City of Alpharetta canceled financial transactions on their website but allowed Safety Penn Training to still hold the classes. Within 2 days ATC Web Solutions was able to get the 30+ classes entered onto the safetypenntraining.com website so payments could be taken
- Customized all the title tags and the Meta description tags
- Determined the keywords to focus on and used them throughout the content
- Added much more content describing services, inserting keywords throughout website
- Created graphic sitemap organizing the content
- Set up an xml sitemap and had it verified by Google
- Set up Google My Business, added images and content
- Set up Yelp site and added images and content