Writing Website Content
Your company website is usually the first thing people see when searching for products or services, that’s why it’s so important for small businesses to have a website. Lots of times, though, people will hear about you or your company elsewhere and then go “check you out” on the web. THAT’S when you really need to have your act together on your website because if the two “connect,” then you could have a sale.
According to Internet Live Stats there are over 1.7 billion websites in existence and over 3.7 billion Google searches per DAY (as of September 2020).
Suffice it to say that it’s tough to capture a User’s attention nowadays based on the sheer number of websites. But web users may also leave a site if it has poorly-written content.
Well-written content that is optimized (for SEO) for what you have to offer helps to hold your readers’ attention and raise your website in the search results.
ATC Web Solutions can help you write your website content, Blog Posts, Facebook postings, Press Releases, Yelp Listing and any other content that is needed to help market your business.
A Few Pointers for Good Website Writing
- Write attention-grabbing headlines
- Tell the reader the best part about the page at the top so they are motivated to continue reading
- Be organized – construct your information in a way that is easy for the reader to follow.
- You know your business best so show it off
- Link and reference high-quality sources
- Use storytelling to bring your business to life
- Inform, educate and engage the reader
- Build trust and knowledge with the viewer – the longer your company exists and the more often your website is updated, the better
There are thousands of websites that are vying to get the attention of your potential customers. Good website content writing will help. Use the information discussed above to engage your reader and make your copy so that your reader will take the desired action you want: make that phone call, click submit on that contact form, make an appointment, purchase that product, etc.
ATC Web Solutions can help with writing web pages for your website, so contact us!