Maintaining Your Website
Website maintenance is the process of keeping your website performing well. It’s about staying up-to-date with security updates, encouraging traffic growth, changing the website – adding, changing or removing content, as your business changes and making sure Google* is happy.
You’ve devoted time, money and effort to your website and once it’s done and launched, you think you are finally through. But unfortunately, websites need to be maintained. It’s like housework – there is always laundry to be done, the dishes have to be washed and the carpets need to be vacuumed. With regular website maintenance and updated content, your website will maintain good search engine rankings, offer useful content to the visitors and attract new and/or retain customers.
* Google, and other search engines, analyze your website with the help of their bots (web crawler software that collects website information). These Google bots look for key information that signals to Google the value of your website. Google analyzes your website for keyword optimization (SEO), your website structure, how it is organized, when it was updated, if there are any website errors and tons of other things.
Having to do website maintenance is not a scheme from web developers to keep trying to get money from you. Honest!
Technologies change, software needs to be updated, your business changes and, don’t blame web developers, but Google ranks you lower if you never update your website.
Website maintenance can take care of broken links, images disappearing and, if you are on WordPress, updating your WordPress version that occasionally gets updated for security, bug fixing and/or enhancement reasons.
Website maintenance from ATC Web Solutions:
- Web Performance Optimization – work on page load time
- Website Troubleshooting – fixing some part of the website not working such as broken links
- Website security – do you have the right security on your website
- Backups – are they set up and working
- Website domain name renewal
- Reviewing your website and checking if there’s room for improvement
- Checking for 404 errors and if there are any, fixing or redirecting them
- Updating your core plugins and website software
- Keeping your blog updated with relevant, fresh articles
- Responding to blog comments
- Updating your company’s latest news, press releases, success stories, testimonials, case studies, events calendar, and portfolio entries
- Adding, removing or consolidating web pages
- Inserting new photos or images
- Promoting new specials, deals, or sales
- Posting company newsletters
- Devising an effective website visitor and customer feedback plan
- Maximizing your search engine positioning (Search Engine Optimization, link building, keyword research)
- Website content writing
ATC Web Solutions loves website maintenance. We charge $70/hour to maintain websites. We will do as little or as much as you want. If you want photos updated, content updated, need something fixed, want a new section added – whatever it is – we can help.